One of the BEST things about Just Dance Roanoke’s classes is that they don’t feel like a work out, right? It feels like a party! Where you hang out, dance with your friends, and getting a workout is the icing on the cake!
Although it may seem like we throw together a bunch of fun songs that WE LOVE and feel like “performing” for you in class, the truth of the matter is that there is a method, and a magic, to our madness. There is a TON that goes into making the class feel like a party and still provide a safe and effective workout for your participants.
The big question is: How do you know if you’re ready to start your path to training to become an instructor?
The truth is that you don’t. There is no set list of qualities that someone possesses that make them better than others. But a few questions to ask yourself:
- Do I LOVE (not like) but LOVE dance fitness?
- Do I have a desire to share this passion through teaching others?
- Why would I be a good instructor?
- What areas would I struggle in?
- Am I fit enough to make it through LEADING an entire class. This is not about shape or size, but level of fitness. (Sidebar- It is soooooo much harder to instruct class than it is to dance)
- Why would people want to take class from me?
Now what do I do?
Please know that this isn’t something that happens over night. It can take MONTHS to train, obtain the appropriate certifications and prepare for your first class. If after serious contemplation of the questions above you feel like you’re ready to enter the world of teaching, I would suggest the following:
- Get your booty into Zumba®, Just Dance™ or any other dance inspired fitness class as OFTEN as possible. I cannot stress this enough. Even after you have a certification…you can never stop learning!
- Look into getting a national group exercise certification and any necessary specialty certifications. (AFAA, Zumba, etc.) This can be done before and/ or after the next steps
- Get your booty BACK into class….OFTEN. Keep training. Keep learning. Keep growing.
Take a look at the questions that you asked yourself when you started this journey. Reflect. Re-Answer. Keep growing. Keep learning.
At this time our application process is closed. Look for more details on upcoming training programs in 2016.